Book your consultation for NEET (PG)
About NEET (PG)
NEET PG is the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for students to qualify for the various postgraduate programs-Doctor of Medicine (MD), Master of Surgery (MS), and diploma courses in both government and private colleges in India. The National Board of Examinations conducts this exam while the Directorate General of Health Services conducts the counseling and seat allotment.
MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate, MBBS registration certificate, and one year of internship are a must for applying for NEET PG. If the student is an Indian citizen but a graduate from a foreign medical college, then qualifying for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination is mandatory.
NEET PG is a computer-based exam that consists of 300 questions and is being conducted in 162 test centers across India. The question paper is divided into 3 parts A, B, and C with each part containing 50, 100, and 150 questions respectively.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for the exam or who wish to participate in the counseling process must check the eligibility criteria before applying for it. NEET PG eligibility criteria have been summarized below:
- Aspirants must possess an MBBS degree/provisional Pass Certificate which is recognised as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- They should also possess a permanent/ provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- They must have completed the duration of their internship.
- Aspirants found ineligible at any stage will not be permitted to take the exam or appear for counseling (as applicable).
- The result or candidature of ineligible candidates will be cancelled.