Book your consultation for Masters Of Physiotherapy
About Masters Of Physiotherapy
Master of Physiotherapy involves studying different solutions to joint-related issues, movement problems caused by a wide variety of nerve, muscle, and joint disorders. It will help in avoiding injuries and taking precautions from an accident or joint-related problems. Physiotherapy is the study of preventing injuries, finding drug-free techniques and Students can choose from a variety of specialisation fields such as sports-related physiotherapy, neurological conditions, movement disorders, rehabilitation, and recovery. Overall, the students will learn about the complete human body and the best practices to keep them fit.
This is one of the emerging professions in ‘Fit India’ and will offer ample opportunity over the years. The course follows a semester system in general, with a dissertation in the last year. If you have an interest in health science and aspire to be a physiotherapist, then the salaries offered in the sector are handsome.
Courses in Master in Physiotherapy and Specializations
- Several institutes and universities offer postgraduate and doctorate programs in physiotherapy with a good number of placements. A student gains enough experience enabling them to work independently in improving muscle strength, bone strength, recovery of body parts, and operations, etc.
- Masters in Physiotherapy offers an opportunity to experience practical learning and to gain required skills to be an expert physiotherapist.
- Generally, Master of Physiotherapy has following specialization courses in the universities across India:
- Masters in Physiotherapy in Cardio-pulmonary Sciences
- Masters in Physiotherapy in Community Physiotherapy
- Masters in Physiotherapy in Neurosciences
- Masters in Physiotherapy in Orthopedics
- Masters in Physiotherapy in Pediatrics and Women Health
Eligibility Criteria for MPT courses
The essential eligibility criteria for Masters in Physiotherapy in India-
- Completed 10+2 with Biology stream, with a desire to solve physical problems of humans and have an excellent knowledge of Physiotherapy and relative subjects.
- Candidate must be qualified for a bachelor’s degree from the recognized universities having a 50% more aggregate score in it and six months of internship experience in the same field.
- A candidate can apply under the various categories General/ OBC/ SC/ ST; NRI students have the same opportunity with NRI categories in the Foreign/NRI category.
- A student may apply for the same masters course before an internship. However, admission is guaranteed only after completion of an internship.
- One has to be a graduate from reputed colleges or universities affiliated with the Indian Physiotherapy Association for better enhancement and salary package.
- Most of the Universities/Colleges conduct an entrance examination for admission One can appear for various examinations as follows:
- NEET PG (National Eligibility Entrance Exam for Post-Graduation): An examination is conducted annually for students who want to study medicine anywhere across India.
- Physiotherapy offers an ocean of opportunities in emerging India. It is one of the best choices nowadays in terms of cost, money, and reputation amongst others. You could be the reason for someone overcoming his/her physical disability, or be a helping hand for people who face various challenges in their day-to-day life.
- Physiotherapy is a basic need in every sector, from sports to normal human life. One can get opportunities to serve our soldiers, sportsmen or in one of the leading hospital chains.
- If a candidate has an interest in research, then he can be a guide for junior students. You can be involved with research-based analysis of different age groups in India and do a health survey.
- Besides, one can teach in universities to improve the physical healthcare unit and spread awareness about the same. You can also work as a physiotherapist, sports therapist, acupuncturist, exercise physiologist, and various other roles in any medical organization.
- Along with India, the demand for physiotherapists is increasing exponentially in foreign countries, too. The western countries always encourage physiotherapist jobs with attractive pay packages for both freshers and experienced professionals.
- In physiotherapy, one gets not only money but also goodwill from patients and their families. An excellent opportunity to spread awareness about physical health and the importance of physique in one’s life.