Book your consultation for M.Sc. Nursing
About M.Sc. Nursing
M.Sc Nursing is a postgraduate degree course that comes under healthcare. The course duration is 2 years. Eligibility to apply for the course is qualifying B.Sc Nursing under graduation from any recognized university.
The course deals with the healthcare profession focused on the care of individuals, families, and communities so they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life from conception to death. A requirement of Nurses is more because doctors need assistance in treating patients. M.Sc Nursing students work in Healthcare as Nurse in-charge, Nurse Supervisor, Clinical Instructor, Occupational Health Nurse, etc.
Master of Science [M.Sc] (Nursing)
- M.Sc Nursing or Master of Science in Nursing is a postgraduate Academic Nursing course.
- The course deals with the healthcare profession focused on the care of individuals, families, and communities so they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life from conception to death.
- Journals that had been published by some of the pioneers in the field of Nursing can be referred by the professionals pursuing the course of Bachelor of Science[B.Sc](Nursing).
M.Sc Nursing Admission Process
‘How to get admission in M.Sc. Nursing’ is a question that comes in every aspirant’s mind. So, here are the simple steps that candidates can follow to get admission in the course. It must be noted that the selection process can vary from college to college. So, it is always advisable for candidates to check with the official website of the intended colleges to ensure that they are well aware of the process.
- Candidates will have to appear in different Nursing exams by applying for them.
- After that, candidates who meet the cut-off scores of the entrance examination make it to the merit list.
- The process is then followed by the counselling process.
- After scrutinising their documents, eligible candidates are allocated seats in the deserved college.
- In some colleges, candidates also have to appear in a personal interview round.
- Some colleges offer direct admissions to the candidates based on their percentage at the undergraduate level.
M.Sc. Nursing Specialisations
There are various M.Sc. Nursing specialisations in India that students can opt for. Here is a list of the specialisations to candidates’ reference.
- Medical and Surgical Nursing
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics Nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- Neuroscience and Mental Health Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
- Oncological Nursing
- Neonatal Infant and Newborn Nursing
- Nephrological Nursing
M.Sc. Nursing Career Options and Job Prospects
There are plenty of job opportunities for students after pursuing the master of Science in Nursing programme. Students can refer to some of the mentioned employment areas after M.Sc. Nursing.
- Nursing Homes
- Military Hospitals
- Medicine Industry
- Medical Colleges and Universities
- Healthcare Centres
- Content Writing (Medical)
Other than that, here is a list of job posts mentioned for students who are looking for employment opportunities after M.Sc. Nursing. Candidates who have successfully completed their M.Sc. Nursing degree can apply for the following posts.
- Ward Nurse
- Tutor (Psychiatric Nursing)
- Paramedic Nurse
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Nursing Tutor
- Nursing Supervisor
- Nursing In-Charge
- Nursing Executive
- Medical Advisor
- Clinical Instructor
- Assistant Nursing Superintendent