Book your consultation for M.D. Ayurveda
About M.D. Ayurveda
M.D. Ayurveda or Doctor of Medicine in Ayurveda is a postgraduate Ayurveda course. Ayurveda or ayurvedic medicine is a Hindu system of traditional medicine native to India and a form of alternative medicine.It provides an integrated approach to preventing and treating illnesses through lifestyle interventions and natural therapies.
M.D. (Ayurved) or Ayurveda Vachaspati is of three years duration divided into two Parts. During the course, students are introduced to many areas like research in Ayurved, Principles of Ancient (Ayurvedic) methods of research, Modern methods of research, Definitions of research, Classification of research, Serendipity research, Motivation for research, Terminology of research.The course opens many career scopes for them after its completion.
M.D. Ayurveda Eligibility
Candidates must possess a degree of B.A.M.S. from a recognized institute.
Admission is done through Entrance Test conducted by the respective institute.
M.D. Ayurveda Job Types
- Authentic Ayurveda Therapist
- Ayurveda Medical Officer
- Ayurveda Specialist
- Business Head Pharma
- CEO Business Head
- Food Services Manager
- Male Masseurs Therapist
- Medico Marketing Executive
- Restaurant Manager
- Sales Executive/Officer
Some Course is of 3 Years duration In MD Ayurveda
- Agad Tantra (Medical Jurisprudence & Toxicology)
- Bala Roga (Pediatrics)
- Dravya Guna (Materia Medica & Pharmacology)
- Kayachikitsa (Internal Medicine)
- Maulika Siddhanta (Fundamental Principles)
- Panchakarma (Penta Bio-Purification Methods)
- Prasuti Stri Roga (Gynaecology & Obstetrics)
- Roga & Vikriti Vijnana (Clinical Medicine & Pathology)
- Rasa Shastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana Iatro-Chemistry (Rasa Chikitsa)
- Sharira Rachana (Anatomy)
- Sharira Kriya (Physiology)
- Shalya Tantra (Surgery)
- Shalakya Tantra (ENT & Ophthalmology)
- Swasthya Vritta (Preventive & Social Medicine)
- Rasayana & Vajikarana (Geriatrics and Aphrodisiacs)
Eligibility for MD in Ayurveda
Applicants wishing to pursue this course must fulfil the eligibility requirements mentioned here.
- Graduation (BAMS) completed from a recognized university.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% at both Higher & Senior Secondary levels (classes 10th & 12th), and at the level of graduation.
- Candidates who have completed a course recognized by the CCIM and completed 6 months to 1 year of House Job are eligible to appear in the entrance examination.
- Admission to the course is based on the candidate’s performance in a relevant entrance test conducted. The entrance test consists of multiple choice questions which must be completed within 1 hour & 15 minutes
- Candidates must score a minimum aggregate score of 50% to qualify the entrance test. Syllabus for the written examination is based on the topics covered in the last qualifying examination.
- Employees as Ayurvedic Doctors earn an average of ₹25lakhs, mostly ranging from 15 lakhs per year to 31lakhs per year based on profiles.
M.D. Ayurveda Employment Areas
- Ayurvedic Colleges
- Clinics & Healthcare Centres
- Research Institutes
- Yoga Clubs