Book your consultation for BVSc. AH
About Bachelor Of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc. AH)
For medical aspirants who love animals and want to pursue medicinal science for curing animal disease, Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry is the best degree course. The course is also known as B.V.Sc.AH and imparts education that enables graduates to diagnose diseases in animals and prescribe medicines. The course curriculum comprises a detailed study of animal anatomy, nutrition, diseases and physiology. The five-year course will comprise both theoretical subjects as well as practical examinations. Candidates also have to take up a medical internship of six months to one year in the final year of the programme in order to achieve the B.V.Sc degree.
COURSE DURATION- 5 years
Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc) Eligibility Criteria
- Qualification Required: 10+2 (Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
- Minimum Age Required: 19 Years
- Selection for this course is done on the basis of entrance exams
B.V.Sc Admission Process
- In order to take admission in B.V.SC courses, candidates have to study Science up to class 12 with Biology, Chemistry and Physics as compulsory subjects.
- Minimum qualifying marks may differ from college to college.
- All aspiring candidates have to appear for B.V.SC entrance exams for the universities that they are targeting.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc & AH) – 5 years
- BV. Sc. in Animal Genetics and Breeding
- BV. Sc. in Animal Production & Management
- BV. Sc. in Veterinary Surgery & Radiology
- BV. Sc. in Veterinary Medicine, Public Health & Hygiene
Jobs & Career Prospects
- Become a veterinarian and create a difference.
- Veterinarians are in high demand in countries like Canada, US and many more. The career scope of veterinary science is large and is growing faster in this era of modern world.
- Veterinarians work in private clinics, animal hospitals and laboratories.
Veterinarians are of different types
- Companion animal veterinarians – They usually work in private hospitals and provide treatment to pet animals like dogs, cats, birds, etc.
- Equine veterinarian – They generally work with horses and provide medical treatment to them.
- Food animal veterinarians – Here, veterinarians treat the illness and injuries of farm animals like pigs, cattle, ships and educate the farm owners about fooding and other health practices.
- Food safety & Inspection Veterinarians – This type of veterinarians are generally involved in the research of finding and preventing diseases that are transmissible among animals and between animals and humans.
- Research Veterinarians – They work in laboratories and are involved in the research of finding new technical surgical techniques
Job Titles of a veterinarian include:
- Veterinarian Assistant
- Veterinarian Technician
- Veterinary physician
- Veterinarian food inspection specialist
- Associate veterinarian
- Veterinary surgeon
- Veterinary pharmacologist
- Veterinary epidemiologist
- Veterinary neurologist
- Veterinary dermatologist
Top BVSc Colleges In Maharashtra
- College of Veterinary and Animal Science, Udgir
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences,Parbhani
- Krantisinh Nana Patil College of Veterinary Science, Satara
- Maharashtra Animal and Fisheries Sciences University,Nagpur
- Nagpur Veterinary College – NVC,Nagpur