Book your consultation for BHMS
What is BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)?
Homeopathy is a holistic medical system involving the treatment of patients by enhancing the body’s natural healing system. It is practised by trained homeopaths who are experienced and qualified to advise and prescribe medications as per their diagnosis. Homeopathy has carved a niche for itself among the various schools of medicine. Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery or BHMS is a graduate degree program in homeopathy that covers the knowledge of homeopathic medicines. Upon completion of this degree, students are eligible to become doctors in the homeopathic medical domain. Nowadays, homeopathic medicine study is being preferred by many students wanting to pursue a career in medicine, when compared to other medical courses.
The eligibility criteria for BHMS course are mentioned below:
- Minimum Qualification Required: Passed 10+2 in science stream with Biology, Chemistry, Physics as their main subject in high school.
- Minimum Marks Required (Aggregate): 60%
- Age Limit: Age Limit for the BHMS program is 22 years for the general category and 24 years for reserved category (SC/ST/OBC)
BHMS Admission Process
- Admission to the BHMS course is made on the basis of the candidate’s marks secured in 10 + 2 examination.
- Direct admission is done through NEET Entrance Exam.
- In both cases, when candidates are shortlisted, they must report to the college with all supporting documents and secure their seats.
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (B.H.M.S.) Career Options and Jobs
After completing graduation in BHMS, candidates have a handful of opportunities available for them. Interested students can pursue an MD in Homeopathy which is for 3 years. Students can pursue MD in the subjects such as MD in Homeopathy – Materia Medica, MD in Homeopathy – Organon of Medicine, and others. Since Homeopathy treatment is side-effect free there is a lot of demand for the people with a degree in the respective field.
After graduation, one may practice as a Homeopathy doctor in both private and government hospitals/clinics. One can also start their private practice and can work in the manufacturing, quality control, sales and marketing units of the field. The common job profiles available for graduates are:
- Homoeopathic Doctor
- Homoeopathic Consultant
- Teaching Job
- Insurance Officer
- Research Professional
- Marketing Specialist
Jobs opportunities after BHMS
- Homeopathic Doctor: Doctors used to have the test and treat the patients under the homeopathic prescriptions.
- Public Health Specialist: Person who is responsible for developing programs to enhance public health is known as a public health specialist.
- Private practitioner: Private practitioners use to practice their homeopathic practice privately in their own clinic or any private organization.
- Pharmacist : The person who sells homeopathic medicine under the doctor’s prescriptions.
- Teacher/Lecturer: The person who used to deliver lectures on Homeopathic education is known as the teacher or lecturer.