Book your consultation for B-Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma) is a four-year undergraduate program in which students study the methods and process of preparing drugs and how the dispensing of medicine and drugs take place. Anyone who aspires to be a pharmacist today, it is mandatory for them to undertake this course so that they have thorough and in-depth knowledge of the science of medicine.
- It is a four-year-long course and is mainly divided into 6-8 semesters, depending upon the coursework and practical sessions. B.Pharma imparts useful knowledge about biochemical science and healthcare business. Students during their coursework have to perform various practicals and experiments.
COURSE DURATION- 4.5 years
B. Pharma. (Bachelor of Pharmacy) Specializations
There are several pharmacy specialisations some of the popular ones we have mentioned below:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry : In pharmaceutical chemistry, students are taught several aspects of things such as drug design, testing, development and how to safely use the medicine or the drug. Students also study biology, engineering and technological concepts that are used for developing techniques and various processes.
- Pharmaceutics : Pharmaceutics usually involves the study of topics related to pharmacies such as biomedical analysis, pharmacokinetics, pharmacology, and pharmacodynamics. The subject involves the creation, design, distribution, and use of drugs for diseases for prevention as well as relief purposes.
- Pharmacology: Pharmacology deals with the study of drug reaction on bio mechanisms. It involves the study of biological effects, chemical properties and therapeutic uses of drugs.
- Ayurveda : In this specialisation, students learn about the drugs and medicines that are used in the Ayurveda system of medication.
Career Opportunities after B. Pharma. (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
After doing B. Pharma, there are several career opportunities for students. From the government to the private sector or setting up one’s own business. Below we have mentioned a few career opportunities for students who have completed their Bachelor of Pharmacy.
- Chemical Technician : A chemical technician also known as a drug technician is a professional who uses lab equipment and techniques to assist chemists and researchers to develop, produce, experiment and evaluate various chemical products. A chemical technician is responsible for processing chemicals and writing reports.
- Drug Inspector : A drug inspector is an individual who has the authority and is qualified to supervise the manufacturing of medical drugs. It is the responsibility of a drug inspector to monitor the safety, utility, and efficiency of the drug which has been manufactured before it is being sold at the counter. It is their primary responsibility to ensure the quality of the drug.
- Health Inspector : As a health inspector the individual must investigate various drugs that are deemed harmful for human consumption. It is their duty to eliminate any drugs that might prove harmful for use by human beings. Health inspectors often look into the complaints and other health concerns, such as keeping a tab on harmful and expired drugs.
- Pharmacist : Those who have completed their B. Pharma can also become pharmacists. The primary responsibility of a pharmacist is to provide prescribed medicine or drugs to the patients. They are also responsible for telling the patient how to consume medicine. Often, they also oversee how the patient consumes the medicine. In certain cases, they also conduct health screenings and give immunizations.
- Research Officer : As a research officer one is expected to supervise various research projects and coordinate with the team members to ensure the best possible outcome of the research. They also help to determine the objectives of the research and how to go about doing it. They often analyze various data points during the research to determine the course of the project.